Monday, July 6, 2009

Bulging Biceps

As I sit here with my glutes firmly resting on a stability ball my mind is going crazy. The male ego is something else.  I never understood it.  I see day in and day out guys coming into the gym and do nothing but 1,000 variations of the curl.  That is all they care about, how much they bench and how big their guns are. Just like I will never understand women and their crazy ways of thinking, I will never understand why men are obsessed with bulging biceps.  Sure, to the average joe, that is what they use as a tool to see if someone is "jacked" or not. No, its not how many dips they can do, how much relative body strength they have, it is the size of the arms. If you have big biceps you are jacked, if you don't, you are just an average joe. What a bunch of crap! I never understood the big obsession with bulging biceps. No I am not calling myself perfect, and I don't expect you all to bow down to me every time you see me, however, I never got into that phase. I never sought after huge massive biceps. As a football player, when do I ever use my biceps? I would much rather focus on the strength of my triceps and my ability to push 350lb offensive lineman around like nothing.  I see guys come into the gym with their spandex shirt on, two sizes to small, busting our curls 2 feet away from the mirror. So close, that I can't even get in front of them to grab my pair of dumbbells. So gentlemen do three things for me and I will be happy;

1. Buy a bigger shirt
2. Stand back at least five feet from the mirror
3. LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR!

I don't need to lecture to you the importance of compound lifts and other exercises in general aside from curls. I know it won't go throw your thick skull that bulging biceps isn't everything so I am not even going to try. Continue with your curls, and hopefully you will soon realize that tight t-shirts and big guns isnt everything. Some day you will learn to leave your ego at the door!



No comments:

Post a Comment