Thursday, August 13, 2009

Show me some intensity!

To be good at what you do, you must have intensity. I don't care what you do, whether it be at work or in the weight room. If you want to succeed you have to show some intensity. If you go into the gym and just go through the motions swinging around dumbbells carelessly, you are not going to get the results you are looking for. You must do it with intensity. Focus on each and every rep and concentrate on what muscle you are working.

Some of you already now this. If I am in the middle of a good workout with my headphone on, you best not interrupt me. My intensity level is high and I am focusing on what I am doing, I don't want to be interrupted. It may be my football mindset that causes me to think like that, but regardless, it works.

So, next time you step in the gym, show some intensity. Focus on what you are doing, and do it with passion. Don't just go through the motions. That goes with life too. Don't go through life, sitting back waiting for things to come to you. It is not going to happen. Show some intensity, passion, and drive and strive for what you want.

Questions? E-mail me at djs123@comcast.net

Best,

Doug

1 comment:

  1. I see so many people at the gym who read books while using the cardio equipment.

    ReplyDelete