Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's Vacation Time!

I am finishing up my summer internship and classes tomorrow. I am busy packing up all my belongings and moving them out of my dorm. As my busy summer comes to an end, I am taking a little break before fall classes and craziness pick up. Next week, I will spend a week down in Cape Cod, MA with my family. It should be a good relaxing week and give me some time to refuel before I hit the books hard again soon after I get back.

So as almost everyone goes on vacation at least once a year, I want to make some suggestions on how to workout when you are at a hotel or not able to make it to a gym.

Here is some workout ideas that can easily be completed in a hotel room and your living room.

Body weight Squats
Lunges
Step-ups to a chair
Push-ups
Sit-ups
Jumping Jacks
Mountain Climbers
Burpees


This is the workout I will complete while down in the Cape

Monday:

50Body Weight Squat
50 Mountain Climbers
50 Push-ups
25 Burpees
50 Sit-ups

*Repeat 3 times

Tuesday: Run on the beach

Wednesday:

30 Lunges
50 Jumping Jacks
50 Push-ups
25 Burpees
50 Sit-ups

*Repeat 3 times

Thursday: Run on the beach

Friday: Same as Monday

Saturday: Run on the beach

Sunday: Same as Wednesday


Be creative with your own workout. However, when you go on vacation or cant get to the gym don't start trying to think of excuses not to workout. Gym or no gym, everyone is able to workout anywhere.

Have a great week and I will see you in a week!

Best,

Doug Spurling
djs1232@comcast.net

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget about decline pushups, and resistance bands are always a good thing to have.

    ReplyDelete